Whilst introducing my little one to fruit, I’d always steered clear of apples and pears. As he didn’t have any teeth until he was 10 months old, I was always fearful of him choking. Not wanting to deprive him of trying the fruit, I decided to bake them. Eventually, this evolved into the baked slices featured in this post.
The following recipe explains how to make baked apple & pear slices at the same time but it is easy to adapt if you’d prefer just one of the fruits.
Baked Apple and PearsPrint This
- An apple
- A pear
- Lemon juice
- Take your fruit and core them using a corer (this step isn’t a necessity but I find it easier).
- Cut your fruit into slices. You should have approximately 12 pieces.
- Pour lemon juice onto a plate, then take your fruit and lightly coat them in the juice on both sides.
- Next, take the cinnamon and lightly sprinkle the fruit, again, on both sides.
- Place the pears on a baking tray, ensuring that they are not touching each other. Now put the tray in a preheated oven at180°C.
- After 10 minutes, place your apples on the baking tray and cook both the apple and pears for 20 minutes.
- Remove the fruit from the oven and allow to cool before serving.