Goodbye 2016, you’ve been fab! Hello to 2017 ????
As hubby is working today and tomorrow, I’ve decided not to go out to celebrate New Year (I’ll make up for it next year!). Instead, we’re going to spend the evening as a family with yummy food, let in the New Year and then hit the sack as hubby has an early start tomorrow morning.
For my final post of the year, I thought I would jump on the bandwagon with reflecting on the year, setting my personal goals and also, setting blog goals. My plan is to reflect on them in my weekly/monthly round-ups, just to keep myself motivated as I am the world’s worst for forgetting my resolutions.
So here we go…
Best Moments of 2016
So much has happened in 2016 that it’s very hard to summarise it without feeling like I’m doing it an injustice. However, I’ll give it a good go!
- Little One was born, throwing us into the wonders of parenthood for the first time. We’ve seen him grow, suffered parenting mishaps and discovered there’s a lot more to being parents than we initially thought. However, we have loved every minute and can’t wait for next year.
- I turned the big 3-0 and for a moment I felt old. Now I feel like it’s just another chapter! Plus I still get ID’d…spring chicken over here!
- I discovered the blogging world and joined it. One of the best things I’ve ever done. We’ve just finished our second month so it’s still in the early stages but I’m excited to see where it will go from here.
- I was signed off anticoagulants. This one might not seem like a great moment but for me it was. I mentioned here that I had a genetic blood disorder which led to a Pulmonary Embolism in the lung. This meant taking anticoagulants and as I hate needles, the idea of being stabbed every morning was torturous. Not to mention that I bruised badly so short sleeves or showing my legs was a no-go.
- We celebrated our first wedding anniversary. As we’d just had Little One, we didn’t do anything too extravagant. We went back to the scene of the crime (our wedding venue) and spent a baby-free night there.
New Years Resolutions
I usually don’t set resolutions as I never stick to them but this year I thought I’d give it another go by setting reasonable ones. Here are my 5 resolutions for 2017:
- Lose 5lb – Let’s start with the cliché weight resolution. I am in no way overweight but I would like to get back to my weight before I became pregnant.
- Fill photo frames – I have umpteen photo frames that I have never got around to filling so I’ll make more of an effort to take photos and get them printed.
- Visit Grandparents more – It’s terrible that I only see them once a month, sometimes less. Life just seems to happen and before I know it, weeks have passed. I aim to visit them at least every 2 weeks.
- Dress more like me – Being a teacher and now being a parent has taken away my identity a little bit. I’ve found that I’ve become rather “mumsy” these days in the way I dress. This is partly because of self confidence but also because I haven’t really cared too much. I will try to make an effort to find myself again.
- Have at least one family adventure a month – Don’t get me wrong, we go on plenty of adventures with friends and other family members, but we very rarely go on adventures as a threesome (Mummy, Daddy and Little One). We’d like to be able to add to our Poole, Bournemouth and Winter Wonderland adventures.
As I’ll be going back to work at the beginning of March, I thought long and hard about some realistic goals for 2017. Of course I have high hopes for the blog and will continue to dedicate time to it, but I want to be able to achieve the goals I set.
This is what I decided:
- Commit to posting 3 posts per week
- Work with 3 brands we love
- Reach 2k followers on Instagram (currently 480+)
- Reach 3k followers on Twitter (currently 1k+)
- Gain 500 blog subscribers (currently 200+)
- Establish a Facebook page for the blog
- Feature a guest post on the blog
As mentioned earlier, I will try to reflect on these goals in my round-ups to keep track and improve motivation!
Enjoy your last day of 2016 and we wish you a super 2017!
What are your resolutions? Do you have plans for New Year?