You might have noticed that I haven’t posted anything new for quite a while, only the reposting of old posts. This is because I’ve had some major issues with my blog which has resulted in me having to start afresh, completely reinstall everything and restore an old database back up.
As a result, some of my images are missing (I’ll eventually get round to fixing this) and I’ve lost most of my drafts! It’s a crappy position to be in as my stats are down for February, my reach on social media has suffered due to not posting for 10 days (social media took a backseat) and it’s going to take some time to rewrite what I’ve lost. On the plus side, I have a much deeper understanding of the mechanics of my blog, thanks to my Brother in Law who I cannot thank enough for helping me put this right!
Understandably, our 8 month baby milestones post is extremely late. Again, as mentioned in the 6 month and 7 month baby milestones posts, it has come around quickly. Blink and another month has passed! I feel like Little T is becoming more human. Can I say that?! His personality develops everyday and he’s more aware of things going on around him, which has led to a little bit of anxiety when he can’t see us. Other than that, he’s doing fab!
8 month baby milestones:
- Within days of posting our 7 month baby milestones post, Little T was off crawling! Since then, he has gained speed and confidence. He’s even developing his own style…
- In the previous post we said that Little T was practicing going from sitting to crawling. T has mastered this. Up until a week ago, we thought he still wasn’t able to do the opposite – crawling to sitting. It turns out he can but he prefers not to! He tends to use this manoeuvre to do a quick about turn which is not great when you’re chasing a runaway baby!
- T has also grasped how to pull himself into standing position. Now, getting him to sit down is a challenge. He constantly wants to be standing. Since learning to stand, our bumps have increased so our hearts are in our mouths constantly!
- After having such an issue with textured food last month, we decided to give Baby Led Weaning another try. Since then, Little T doesn’t seem to have any issues with being sick and seems to eat a lot more. We’ve shared some of our recipes on our weaning page!
- We’ve gone back over with our consonant sounds and we no longer seem to practice them. Instead, we prefer to use our vowel sounds to communicate, including our favourite questioning tone when we spot something new – “Uh? Uuuh? Oooo!”
- Our water skills are coming along great. We kick and splash to mimic swimming, and we surface dive with ease. We love jumping in from sitting position too! However, we are still not liking submersions and kick up a fuss afterwards, shouting to anybody who will listen!
Next month is the month that I go back to work. Luckily, T is being cared for by his Dad and his Auntie so this shouldn’t have much of an impact on him. However, it’s already hard on me. Maybe I need a milestone post?!
And that’s that for our 8 month baby milestones post!
I love it when they start to make a move (its very scary though, you have to have eyes in the back of your head) and that last pic looks like hes itching for a fight! lol
Haha! I’ve never noticed that before. It really does!
How frustrating having to start again with the blog page! Well done for persevering and getting back to it! Your little one looks like he’s hair so many physical milestones this month what a clever little thing!
Oooh, I was so close to giving up. Worked out in the end though 🙂
BLW was the only thing that worked for us too. I’m terrified to do it again this time though! Will check out your weaning page ox
I’m still quite scared. I have to stop myself from interfering when he starts gagging but he just seems to enjoy his food more so I’ve persevered.
Oh I love milestone posts. He’s doing super well! That last photo is amazing.
He’s a broccoli fiend! He can’t get enough of the stuff.
Time flies when you’re having fun!! What a milestone for you all. Wish you all the best in going back to work, he’s thriving!
When they get moving it’s a game changer isn’t it! But it really helps them develop their little personality even more. It’s a great fun stage. Enjoy!! Kate x http://www.fivelittlestars.com
Definitely a game changer! I feel like I can’t sit down as every time I do, he’s off!
Thank goodness you’re back up and running now! Lovely post, Baby T is so gorgeous. It seems like only yesterday LL was 8 months old. The milestones are so exciting xxx
Thank you 🙂 They are! I’m looking forward to his walking milestone. Although everybody keeps telling me to enjoy him not walking, haha.