Our straightforward baby weaning recipes are fantastic for working parents or for those who just don’t have the time. No fancy ingredients or complicated methods – just easy peasy options.
If you have a baby weaning recipe that you would like to submit as a guest post then you can send me your post details using our contact form.
This chicken meatball with a sweet potato recipe is perfect for both children and adults alike! As per usual, it is really simple to make and follow. I couldn’t resist having a nibble myself!
- 1 cooked chicken breast (approximately 120g)
- 1 sweet potato (medium)
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 egg (medium) or 1 tbs of apple sauce (egg-free alternative)
- First, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Next, prick your sweet potato several times and put it in the microwave on high heat. Bake the potato for 8 minutes, turning it over half way through.
- After that, take your chicken and ground it down (A blender works really well).
- Repeat with the slice of bread until you are left with crumbs, and combine it with your ground chicken in a bowl.
- Once cooked, scrape the inside of your sweet potato into the bowl and mix.
- Add an egg to the mixture and stir. This should bind the ingredients together (alternatively, you can use apple sauce for an egg-free alternative).
- When the ingredients have been sufficiently mixed, take a small handful of the mixture and roll it into a ball. The size of each ball is down to personal preference.
- Place each meatball onto a baking tray and put into the oven for 20 minutes (or until golden brown), turning the meatballs occasionally.
- Finally, remove the meatballs and allow to cool down before serving your little one.