I’m not sure about you but I’ve been a little bit naughty when it comes to snacking whilst in lockdown! What started off as an experiment to find a “healthy“ treat with some of my little one’s favourite snacks (honey and peanut butter – not usually together), turned into chocolate and peanut butter krispie treats! They are extremely more’ish! You can find the easy to follow recipe below!
Whilst you’re here, why not try another of our peanut butter recipes like our banana and peanut butter oat pancakes? Or if it’s honey you want, our healthy blueberry compote is delicious and goes great in porridge. You can find lots of other family friendly recipes here.
- 40g Coco Pops (substitute for Rice Krispies for a healthier snack)
- 1 heaped tablespoon of honey
- 1 heaped tablespoon of peanut butter
- 300g of chocolate (leave out of recipe for a healthier snack)
- Pour your Coco Pops into a bowl. Add your honey and peanut butter and mix together.
- Line a container with baking paper and press the krispie mix into it.
- Put your chocolate in a bowl and place it over a pan with hot water. Keep mixing the chocolate until it has completely melted. You can do this step in a microwave too but you need to keep a really close eye on it as it can easily burn.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the krispie treat mixture and place in the fridge to set.
- Once set, you can remove your krispie treats from the container, slice and enjoy!