Healthy Blueberry Compote
Our healthy blueberry compote is ideal as an accompaniment for pancakes, porridge and other delicious foods. What’s even better is it is extremely straightforward to make and uses just four simple ingredients:
- 100g blueberries
- 1tsp honey
- 2tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
How To Make Healthy Blueberry Compote
- Take your blueberries and put them into a small pan, whole.
- Add your water and honey, along with a dash of cinnamon.
- Heat your pan on a medium heat, stirring regularly to avoid the mixture sticking to the pan.
- Heat for around 5 minutes or until the blueberries become ripe.
- If you prefer a thicker consistency, allow the compote to rest.
- Add to your food and enjoy! Simple eh?
Please remember that you should NOT feed honey to children under the age of one. This recipe is NOT suitable for babies.
You can find more child-friendly recipes here