Our straightforward baby weaning recipes are fantastic for working parents or for those who just don’t have the time. No fancy ingredients or complicated methods – just easy peasy options.
If you have a baby weaning recipe that you would like to submit as a guest post then you can send me your post details using our contact form.
Recently, I have found myself hitting a brick wall when it comes to breakfast ideas. We seem to have either fruit and/or bread each morning which isn’t exactly inspiring. Knowing that T loves bananas, I decided to put a spin on his usual bread soldiers and create banana toast. The recipe is simple with very few ingredients. Best of all, this is an egg-free recipe so is suitable for egg allergy children!
- Large banana
- 2 slices of bread
- A dash of milk (formula/breast/almond milk works well)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Take the banana and cut 2/3 of it and put the other part of aside for later.
- Place the banana in a blender and add a dash of milk. Blend until smooth. If you do not have a blender, mash up the banana using a fork and keep adding the milk as you go until you have a smooth but thick consistency.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon to the mixture (optional - the banana toast tastes just as great without it)
- Carefully, dip your slices of bread in the banana mixture but take care not to allow your bread to go soggy. Cover both sides of the bread.
- Heat the frying pan until it is hot. Then place your bread into the frying pan and cook until golden.
- Once done, flip your bread over using a fish fryer and cook again until the opposite side is golden. I prefer to dry fry the bread but you could add a small amount of oil if you wanted.
- Cut the banana toast into soldiers and serve with sliced bananas using the remaining 1/3 of your banana.
Tip: I find that spreading your banana mixture onto your bread (in the same way that you would spread butter) works best.