Can you believe it’s only been one month since I began this blog? I feel like I’ve been writing much longer. I had always planned on doing a 1 month post and sharing a little bit about me (since I’ve never really told you who I am) and then I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Adventures of Mummy and Me (thank you for this!) so this tied in nicely. Please take some time to read her fab blog!
The Liebster award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers with a rule of giving it to somebody with less than 200 followers on their blog. The idea is that it will help new bloggers connect and engage with the blogging community. The rules are as follows:
10 Random Facts About Me
1) My blog name originates from the many comments I received of people telling me I would “have no life” once baby comes along and how I would “just be Mum”. I like to think that I’ve just added another title to my belt; wife, daughter, teacher…Mum!
2) I despise the sound of running/pouring water. It gives me the chills!
3) I’m partially deaf. Many people IRL don’t know this as you would never notice since I’ve adapted pretty well. I will eventually have an op to correct this but for now, I manage.
4) I suffer from terrible night terrors so I’m usually found trying to get rid of the bugs, searching for Little One who has disappeared into our bed covers or my personal favourite, climbing up the sinking bed! Hubby has learned to ignore me so let’s hope I’m never actually in trouble!
5) Tee is a nickname that my hubby calls me which sounds nothing like my first name.
6) I used to run my own cake business but I used to hate charging full price so hardly ever made a profit!
7) I live my life as if I’m in a musical, singing about anything and everything.
8) I love the Les Miserables soundtrack and managed to fit it into our wedding, much to the dismay of Hubby.
9) Speaking of weddings. I, along with friends, set up my full wedding. I made the cake, invitations, table centrepieces, chair brooches, everything! The only thing I left to somebody else was the photography, flowers and our hair. You could say I’m a control freak.
10) My mouth works faster than my brain and I’ve been known to say some pretty stupid things. My best one was asking why the moon was out so early whilst looking up at the sun in sunglasses…???? ????
My Questions from Adventures of Mummy and Me
What inspired you to start blogging? I am the world’s worst for remembering things so to begin with it was somewhere to write all of those little memories. But whilst setting up my blog, I discovered that there was much more to blogging than I realised and now I’m hooked.
What is your favourite blog post that you have written? ‘You Know You’re Getting Old When…’. I love the nostalgia!
What’s your favourite movie? Mulan. I know practically every word. Sad, I know.
Marvel or DC? No idea!
If you could live anywhere where would it be and why? Somewhere with dry heat! I am terrible in humid places but I am desperate to live somewhere hot and sunny!
What’s your favourite place you’ve ever been to? London. I love it there. There’s always somewhere new to discover which is why I keep going back!
Name an item on your bucket list. To ride a horse. First, I have to be brave enough to get near the horse!
What’s your favourite Disney character? Merida from Brave. She’s not a helpless princess that needs rescuing!
Cats or Dogs? Dogs. Cats are evil.
So the rule is that I nominate people with less than 200 followers (note, I just looked on WordPress Reader for the number of followers so I might be mistaken). So here we go:
Mommy and Madness – I love her drawings that she includes in her blogs and her very honest, to the point posts.
Chummy Mummy – Great crochet creations and she has a chocolate flapjack recipe I’ve been wanting to try!
A Dad’s Life – It’s always refreshing to see a Daddy blogger. I’ve enjoyed reading about the adventures with his new baby. It has brought back some great memories for me!
Mummy 123 – I enjoy reading her blog and her most recent Playlist post brought back some nostalgic memories.
Now I’m meant to ask them 10 questions so…
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- Is there a story behind your blog name?
- What is your favourite blog post that you have written
- What’s your favourite movie?
- If you could live anywhere where would it be and why
- What’s your favourite place you’ve ever been to?
- Name an item on your bucket list
- Coca Cola or Pepsi?
- Cats or Dogs?
- Fiction or non-fiction?